Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mother's Day DIY


This year for Mother's Day, I decided to go all DIY; I was looking around my apartment (while I was spring cleaning...which I've been doing A LOT of lately...I mean, I've filled an entire room *literally* with stuff to sell/donate) and I realized I have tons of old glass vases that I've never used.  I mean, I'm allergic to flowers so I don't really have a need for vases...  So I decided to paint them as part of my Mother's Day gifts this year.  The first one was clear and had a very pretty design, but you couldn't really see it much - you had to feel it to notice the design.  So I painted the inside black and grabbed some white paint for the outside.  Ta-da!





The second vase I painted started as a plain white vase.  It took a while to figure out what I was going to do, so I just grabbed some paint and started laying down some abstract lines here and there.  Once I got the green on the bottom, I decided to do a spring-y flower-y kinda design.  Sooooo..........ta-da!







Next, I wanted to make some cute holders for everyone's stuff.  I found this pin (don't look so surprised...you all know I love Pinterest!) and instantly I knew that would be a PERFECT way to package everything up.  I do want to say that my little baskets did not turn out nearly as pretty, but they're not as bad as I thought they would be.  Of course, they might have turned out mildly better had I not asked my husband to help me (he's not that crafty, but I enjoyed the help).  So these are the little baskets:







I have to admit, it took longer to sew the buttons on than it took to glue the baskets together and to glue the ribbon on, but I still like how they turned out.












I have to admit, I think the purple one was my favorite!






This is what they all looked like, packaged up and everything.  ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment